COVID-19 Action Plan
An important message from our management team.
Westwood Honda’s comprehensive action plan to help combat the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus)
We are committed to the following measures to ensure the safety of all our customers and employees:
– Enacting a social distancing protocol.
– Providing alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout the workplace and in common (when possible).
– Providing sinks with soap and hot water to wash hands.
– Introducing the ‘No Handshake’ policy until further notice.
– Equipping our facilities with disinfecting sprays and/or wipes to clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as doors, telephones, and keyboards.
– Communicating ‘Social Distancing’ norms to all employees.
– Self-isolation for a period of 14 days for employees who have recently traveled back to Canada.
– Implementing disinfecting protocols when an employee exhibits symptoms.
– Temporarily removing things like magazines from our waiting areas and toys from the children’s play area. Any items that have multiple touchpoints between individuals will be sanitized after each use.
– Managers will provide regular updates regarding job-specific safety measures to be implemented.
We will be sanitizing frequently touched surfaces on our vehicles (such as door handles, steering wheels, gear shift knob, and seat belts) prior to all trips, and including our showroom models. We will also be wearing disposable gloves while appraising vehicles for our guests. We are offering the following measures to minimize social interaction during these difficult times:
If you would prefer not to come into the dealership, we will take the test drive to you. One of our staff will bring the vehicle that you are interested in, to your house or work.
Afterward, we can complete most of the transaction either online through our build and price portal, or by phone. Once everything has been finalized, we can arrange for the paperwork to be handled.
If you do come into the dealership, we will ensure that the vehicle you are wanting to test drive is sanitized prior to driving. Again, we will take all precautions to minimize any risk.
We will be using disposable gloves during each vehicle interaction for our Valet and Technical staff as well as using a disinfectant on high touch areas in each vehicle we service. If you are concerned with coming into the dealership you have some options:
You can simply complete one of our night drop envelopes located on the eastside by the service doors, outside of our dealership, lock your vehicle, put the keys into the envelope, and put the envelope into the secured lockbox.
We will contact you by phone, service your car with technicians wearing gloves at all times, sanitize all touchpoints, and leave your car on our lot for pick up. Just call us prior to pick up. We now have shuttle service open.
We also recognize that these are tough economic times for many people in Greater Vancouver Area. Here are the following resources for you. If you are concerned with coming into the dealership you have some options:
If your vehicle requires servicing, we have a ‘finance it’ option that may make it easier to have your vehicle serviced or repaired and allow you to spread out the cost involved.
If you are having difficulty making your monthly payments because you have been impacted by COVID-19, and have questions or concerns about your Honda Lease or Finance payments, please contact Honda Finance at 1-800-387-5399 or via e-mail at email@example.com